Il Barolo Riserva Wine is made from the best of Nebbiolo grapes, produced by the oldest vines of cru Fossati Area only in the best vintages . For wines labeled Barolo Riserva, a minimum of six years of total aging is required.
The wine has a ruby red color, with orange tinges. The aroma is intense, with flowery notes and dried fruits fragrance, such as rose, violet, blackberry and prune. It has a velvet-smooth but firm taste, with structured tannins.
If paired with roast meat, braised beef, hunted meat and cheese, it will bring out the flavor of the food.
- Growing area: Barolo Cru Fossati
- Grape veriety: 100% Nebbiolo
- Denomination: D.O.C.G.
- Yeld: 38 - 40 Hl/Ha
- Exposure and altitude: South – East, 380-400 m a.s.l.
- Age of vines: 50-55 anni
- Soil: Calcareous Clayey
- Training system: Guyot, 4.200 vines per hectare
- Fermentation: Rotofermenters 18 days 30°C
- Aging: 30 months in large casks
24 months in bottle